Source: Palestinian BDS National Committee
Carlos Santana is scheduled to cross the international picket line called for by Palestinian civil society and perform for apartheid on July 30. Santana has not responded to multiple attempts to contact him by the Palestinian Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI) and partners. On June 28 a delegation of Middle East Children’s Alliance (MECA) and Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP) members, including Palestinian families with children, attempted to deliver a petition signed by 25,000 people urging musician Carlos Santana to respect the call for a cultural boycott of Israelin support of Palestinian human rights and cancel his upcoming concert in Tel Aviv.
The petition was delivered to Santana’s Milagro Foundation, which he founded in 1998 and is devoted to helping “underserved and vulnerable children around the world.” Staff at the office had not responded to several requests for an appointment, refused to open the door when the delegation arrived, and closed the blinds.
Take action this week to amplify the boycott call before Santana heads on his tour. The name of his foundation means miracle and was inspired by the image of children as divine miracles of light and hope. Let Santana know Palestinian children are miracles too who need him to stand up for their rights!
- Watch and share this powerful video urging Santana to respect the Palestinian boycott call and stand on the right side of history.
- If you are in Europe, check this list of tour dates in July and organize leafletting, picketing or other creative actions outside Santana’s concerts in Europe.
- If you are on Twitter, join the Twitterstorm! Tweet using #BelieveInMiracles. Click on the tweets below to post them automatically from your account with relevant links attached. You can find more sample tweets here.
- @SantanaCarlos You publicly stand for children. Israel massacred 550 in 2014. Stand against that. #BelieveInMiracles
- Santana you founded @Milagro_kids for welfare of children. Palestinian kids need you to stand for them & cancel Tel Aviv. #BelieveInMiracles
- Do you #BelieveInMiracles @SantanaCarlos? Then don’t play apartheid Israel! Still time to be on the right side
- Post this and other memes on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Facebook, and other social networks.
Santana cancelled his planned concert in 2010. Help make sure he respects the boycott call once again!